I've been eating this dish non-stop this month. I've enjoyed it as a side dish to baked tofu, as a warm addition to salad and by itself (straight from the baking dish!). I always end up eating at least of it straight from the dish, because the smell lures me in, then the flavour keeps me coming back for more.
I love how low-maintenance this recipe is - once everything is chopped and in the oven, it's just a matter of waiting (impatiently, in my case) for it to be done.
- 1/2 butternut squash, peeled and seeded
- 2 red apples
- 2 medium-sized potatoes
- 1-2 TB Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius (350 degrees F).
- Chop the squash, apples and potatoes into bite-sized pieces - I recommend chopping the squash and potato into smaller pieces than the apple, because they take longer to cook.
- Place in a large oven-proof dish, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes - stir halfway through.
I hope you find this dish as comforting as I do :-)