This smoothie includes cucumber, coconut water and melon, which are all very refreshing and cooling foods (perfect for the lovely warm and sunny weather we're experiencing here in Ireland at the moment!).
I concocted this smoothie yesterday after I spent a few hours working in the garden with my family. I needed something tasty and refreshing and It definitely hit the spot!
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (I used almond)
- 1/4 cup coconut water
- 1 TB chia seeds/ground flax seeds (optional)
- 1/2 melon, chopped
- 1 large red apple, chopped
- 3 inches cucumber, chopped
- 4-5 ice cubes
- Add all ingredients to blender.
- Blend until smooth.
I hope the sun is shining wherever you are and you're enjoying it!