When I'm low in energy and the rain has reached monsoon level outside (who knew Lisbon was so rainy?!), then I like to blend up this chocolate-filled concoction, curl up in my bed and catch up on some tv shows. I always feel better after I give myself time to be unproductive and just relax!
Go on, treat yourself.
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (I used soy)
- 1 heaped TB cocoa powder
- 1 handful cashews (10-12 nuts)
- 2 Deglet dates, 1 Medjool date or 1 tsp maple syrup - optional
- 1 TB almond butter (any nut/seed butter works)
- 1 TB dark chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate
- 1 frozen banana (peeled and chopped before freezing)
- Add ingredients to blender in order listed.
- Blend until smooth.
Note: If your blender isn't very powerful or your dates are very dry, then I recommend soaking the cashews and dates for a few hours beforehand for a smoother texture.
I hope you enjoy this and take some time for yourself during the hectic holiday period (and life thereafter too) ♥